Sunday, September 20, 2009

LILY"S HERE!!!!



Well I have I said throughout my pregnancy that Lily would be different than the other two because so many things in my pregnancy was different. I was very sick the first 4 months, felt pressure early on with her didn't gain as much weight and actually lost weight towards the end, and had Gracie and Ella at 38 weeks! VERY DIFFERENT! So I should have not been surprised about Friday. We went in Thursday night to be there early Friday morning to start the induction ( I have not had to be induced before). So Friday morning the doctor comes in breaks my water and we are all expecting a baby by lunch. Well Little Miss Lily had other plans. I would not progress in my labor even with my pitocin at max levels. All staff was surprised as well as my family. Hoping to get some sleep, I asked for the epidural with the hopes of helping things move along. I realize now that as much as I have wanted to deliver one of my children naturally the Lord answered. By the time I had Lily the epidural had worn OFF!! Glad He allowed me to get through the contractions! I am very thankful for my doctor and for the wonderful nurse the Lord provided for me. Their patience through Friday was amazing and really set my mind at ease. I just knew I was going to have to have a C-section. They were confident they could get the baby here without all that. The nurse knew just what to do to help her progress and to get me ready. She knew how bad I wanted something to drink so towards the end of my progression so she rewarded me with a popsicle. All I can say is that that was the best tasting popsicle I have ever had!!!!! 30 minutes later Lily was in the world!
There is no better feeling in the world to be able to see and hold the wonderful creation that the Lord has been forming inside of you for 10 months. Absolutely the best feeling in the world! As I look back on the long day and think about the many times I got poked with a needle (veins kept blowing), shaking excessively from the epidural, throwing up because of the medicine in my body and most of all the waiting, it was ALL WORTH IT!!!!!! I wouldn't take it back for the world.
She is so precious and such a gift from God. A miracle that has come from above. I am sometimes without words when I look at her and cannot help but just sit and thank the Lord for our precious miracle. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement through the last few weeks. I was amazed how how many or our family members were able to share in this day with us and stuck with us until the end! We are so blessed to have friends and family like you all!
Here are some snapshots from the day, hope you enjoy!


Lily Claire Johnson
9lb 5oz 22 inches
10:02 pm


Ella was amazed that she was actually seeing Lily!


Gracie thought she was afraid of us because she wouldn't "come out"!
Her favorite thing to do know is sing to her especially when she is crying. She was so upset that she couldn't take her home with her that night!

Cass took off work and surprised me when she showed up to my delivery room! She is such a blessing to me!


Daddy came at 8:15 in the morning thinking she would be born early, little did we know! He stayed until she was born!


Couldn't say enough words about this special woman in my life! What a blessing she is to me and to my children! She has been the girls "babysitter" and they are loving it. She might need a vacation but what love she gives my children! I couldn't thank her enough!


My nurse and encourager! What a blessing!


Too cute!


So tired!

A little sisterly love!


Gracie showing Mary Katherine her baby sister!


Lily's great grandmother Gran


Ella does not like to hear her crying. She was loving on her telling her she would be okay!


The family of FIVE!!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful family!!

You just relayed one of my great fears about having another child - the epidural wearing off! I had a tough pregnancy but the easiest delivery EVER - piece of cake!! My doctor asked me early on if I wanted the epidural and I said, "If you don't give it to me, my husband is bringing me drugs from the street!!"

So glad you have her here with you all now. I love the pictures of her with her family. So precious! Blessings from above!!

Shonna said...

Congrats again! I didn't know all the delivery details, but it is amazing how you basically forget it all (not totally, but it doesn't seem near as bad) once that baby is in your arms:)

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family and I am excited for you. The whole process is just so amazing and everyone's story is different. Thanks for sharing yours:)

Brad and Gina Moreman said...

MANDY!!! I love you and your beautiful family! I wish I could of been there. I HATED I missed it. Really. I broke my record. I will see you this week though unless you have changed your mind. I am in AUBURN and I want to see you and Ryan and the girls (ALL OF THEM). I love you so much and am so excited for you!!! LOVE, Ginta

The Clarks said...

Congratulations Mandy!

You have a beautiful new baby girl to add to your beautiful family! I didn't realize she was here. I've got to get to school and "catch up" with your mom. I started crying when I saw her picture with Lily. I know she has helped you tremendously. I do love being at home with my two, but I sure do miss that woman.

Again, congratulations on your precious new baby. By the way, you don't look like you've just had a baby! You look great!

Beth said...

Mandy,
I didn't realize I had not told you Congratulations on your precious baby girl!!! So Congratulations!!!

I keep thinking we bloggers may get to see some new pics of that sweet angel... I know, life has GOT to be out of this world BUSY!!! Hope all is well!