Sunday, September 6, 2009

Princess Tea Party

I can remember a little over 4 years ago, waiting for the arrival of our first child. We were so anxious and nervous. Certain things started to happen and we were textbook ready. Everytime something happened we got out the book and read it. Like every birth is like the book!! We spent all day in the hospital on Sunday thinking I was in labor only to be sent home in despair. Six hours later I was back in the hospital ready to have her. So much for the doctors knowing when you are ready too! He said it would be at least a week before I had her. My mom and sister all went home only to get up at 3:00 the nest morning to drive back to Birmingham. They were in the parking lot when she arrived!
All this to say, even though I am about to have my third, I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember the way she looked and how she looked up at me for the first time. I didn't want to stop holding her and four years later I still do not want to put her down.
SHe told me the other day that she didn't want to grow up because she wouldn't be able to fit into my lap! I love those times! She is so much fun to be around and is always the life of the party. She loves to perform for everybody and is such a big helper. SHe is tenderhearted and has such a repentant heart. SHe loves to sing, dance, read books and play the guitar with her daddy! The truth is I do not want her to grow up but reality is she is! The Lord has blessed us with an amazing daughter and I am always reminded that she is HIS child. He has such a plan for her life and I cannot wait to see what that plan is going to be.
For her birthday we actually had 2 parties. Since all my family is 2 hours away, Ryan and I decided to drive to Evergreen and have a small family party so everybody would not have to drive to our house. She had so much fun! We gave her a bicycle and she did not want to get off of it. My mom also gave her a kitten. (Ella got one too since she got rid of her paci!) Those were the highlight gifts for sure. If those poor kittens last another month at our house we will be doing good! Here are some pictures from that party!




My dad and brother are popping Ella's toes! I can remember them doing that to me when I was little. It really hurts!

One proud little girl!


Singing Happy Birthday!


Getting everything adjusted!


He would kill me if he knew I put this on here. Ryan actually is the one that told Gracie she could have a kitten. I was shocked because Ryan does not like cats. He goes outside with the girls all the time now to pet them! He loves them!


Riding our bike a few days later.

We then had a Princess Tea Party on her actually birthday with a few of her friends. I wanted something a little less low key than in the past and for sure something that we could do inside! A friend of mine's mom had all the tea party accessories and the girls had a blast. It was all worth it when we decorated and Gracie saw it for the first time and her face lit up!!! I would do this again in a heartbeat! Here are some pictures from that party!



Tea party is set!










So many pretty princesses. We even had Belle come!




We actually had tea! Those girls drank that stuff up. They loved it. I think they mostly loved the sugar cubes and milk they could put in their tea!











WHo would have thought that a girl would be so excited about a tool set but this little girl was! She had been telling my mom for months that she wanted a tool set like Daddy's so she got her one that could be safe!




I decided to do something a little different this year. We made a craft. I got the girls to decorate a frame with rhinestones and Ryan printed off the picture we took of them. They then got to carry them home with a gift from the party. The girls were super excited and loved making the frames!





We had lots of fun and were all tired by the end of the day! THanks to all my family and friends who helped me get everything ready and cleaned up. I will have to post pictures later of Gracie's other favorite present. Cass came and painted polka dots on the wall in her room. She LOVES polka dots and was super excited about them.
Hopefully the next post will be about Lily's arrival!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

The tea party looks like it was a big hit and the framed picture was a great idea for a party favor. So many milestones:) Keep us posted when that baby decides to come!